Veterans Day 2010 will be celebrated in the U.S tomorrow, Thursday November 11. The Veterans Day is celebrated to honor those who served our country and to remember those who sacrificed their lives to achieve peace and democracy for their beloved nation. This very special day is a day to commemorate all military personnel who have served the U.S. in every war, and show our thanks and respect.
Here is a compilation of some of the best and famous Veterans Day’s quotes:
· Freedom is never free. Author Unknown.
· How important is it for us to celebrate our heroes and she-roes. Maya Angelou
· When eating the bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them. Chinese proverb
· The nation will remain the land of free only so long as it is the home of the brave. Dick CheneyDick Cheney
· I think there is only one higher officer than president, I would call that a patriot. Gary HartGary Hart
· I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’ Eve Merriam
· In war there are no unwounded soldiers. Jose Narosky
· The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war. Vijay Lakshmi Pandit
Hopefully you will find just the quotation you want from this selection of Veterans Day quotes. You may also be interested in our previous article about the meaning and history of Veterans Day. We’d like to hear your thoughts on Veterans Day 2010 and what it means to you so please feel free to send us your comments.